Stirring up support for new adventure play-land
We were brought on board by the owners of Alresford Hall, a beautiful country estate near Colchester in Essex, to generate some positive local PR for the family visitor attraction they intend to create on their land in 2021, ahead of a crucial planning permission decision from the local council.
– Public consultation meetings
– Press release creation and targeted media outreach
– Media training
– Social media consultancy
– Gain vital insight into stakeholders’ sentiment towards the intended adventure play-land, through a series of public consultation meetings. Use that insight from target audiences to inform our PR strategy
– Clearly communicate the benefits the proposed attraction will bring in a comprehensive press release and media fact sheet
– Release artist impressions of the intended attraction, to tell its potential story in a visual way, along with images of how the site used to look, to highlight the enhancement that the attraction will provide
– Media train the Marsden family to talk about their vision for the attraction during media interviews, and emphasise that it will be a family-run enterprise, to provide a human element to the story
– Build positive relationships with key media and stakeholders to ensure balanced coverage for the attraction going forward.
– 15 pieces of media coverage secured, reaching over 135,000 people
– Articles appeared in key titles such as East Anglian Daily Times, Essex County Standard, Essex Live and Essex Daily Gazette
– All articles reported positively, with high key message density – explaining the concept of the destination, the local and economical benefits it would bring, and the minimal disruption to the immediate neighbourhood
– Planning for the attraction has since been approved in August 2020.