Bums on seats for Shears Yard
We worked with one of Leeds’ most revered restaurants, Shears Yard, in 2019 to raise their profile and bring in customers old and new.
They were already up there with the best Leeds has to offer in terms of the city’s busy food and drink scene – but we were brought in to do what we do best: crafting their story and choosing the right platforms to tell it on, so they continued to shine during a time when the city was full of new restaurants.
– Email marketing
– We started with a core PR plan based around the restaurant’s seasonal new menus, and created a personality for the creative chef behind them, going big on his meticulous sourcing of ingredients
– We then worked with the chef and bar manager to come up with new menus to tie in with national days, trends and events – Yorkshire Day, Vegetarian Week and a vegan-specific menu to name a few
– Shears Yard has been THE place to go for fine dining in a non-stuffy setting since it opened its doors four years ago and has become renowned for its bottomless brunch and Sunday roasts in particular – but one of our main roles was to remind people to visit during weekdays. We curated a host of special influencer events and weekday dining occasions including ‘The Half Yard’, a new sharing menu to tap into a growing dining trend for less formalities when eating out
– Complimented the PR activity with fortnightly emailers on Mailchimp, to keep over 50,000 people informed on Shears Yard shenanigans and to drive footfall to the restaurant.
– Our creative ideas generated consistently positive PR and influencer coverage after a long period of very little press attention
– Mailchimp emailers had a consistently high opening rate and unique diner codes showed just how much value they brought to the restaurant’s bottom line
– The Half Yard launch was a huge success, booked out in the first week of launching it.