A commotion around comics
We were chosen to raise the media profile of Thought Bubble, one of the UK’s biggest comic arts festivals that takes place in Leeds every November.
We needed to attract audiences who might not have considered attending a comic arts festival before.
– National and local PR
– City partnerships
– Worked with Leeds’ cultural lifestyle publication, City Talking, to create a one-off Thought Bubble-focused edition. Provided all content including artwork, interviews and photoshoots with key festival guests and Cos Players
– For the first time in its eight-year history, we engaged national arts and travel writers to include Thought Bubble in culture guides and programmes, including the Guardian, Times, Telegraph, Stylist, Shortlist and The Sunday Mirror
– Made festival founder Lisa Wood’s dream come true when we got her speaking for 15 minutes on Radio 4’s Front Row show about the role of women and female superheroes in comics
– Partnered with key Leeds-based organisations, including Trinity Leeds and Leeds & Partners, to ensure the festival was promoted in key city centre locations and on their websites.
– Reached over 17m people with our high profile national and regional coverage, including The Times, Radio 4, Stylist magazine, Telegraph and Guardian G2
– Busiest festival yet, with over 20,000 attendees.