Soup is served: July newsletter
As summer enters its final stretch, team Soup have been working like trains, pulling off deals, making stuff happen and putting out all the good vibrations…all while squeezing in a couple of staycays and back-to-back isolations.
July was a ride. Here’s our monthly round-up.
- We completed a mammoth first year review for our client Leeds Law School at Leeds Beckett University, who were so happy they’ve renewed our contract for the next year with loads more creative campaigns and online content rostered in. An absolute pleasure to work with, we’ve created an excellent working relationship with a great team of people.
- We kicked off another big project for the University of Bradford, interviewing international students and postgraduate students about their course, their career aspirations and their experience at Bradford. After being totally inspired by these clever people, we’re writing up a huge bank of powerful case studies which will provide reams of content for the marketing team and hopefully persuade prospective students to follow in the same path. And when we sent the first draft over for feedback, our client’s response was “this is EXACTLY what we’re looking for!” which was a great start.
- For the same client, we’ve been knee deep prepping for A-level results day, producing content around Clearing and reassuring students of what’s next after August 10. It’s taken us right back to when we received our results, and we wish all the students who’ve had such a crazy year the very best of luck. You’re going to be just fine, make your own luck!
- We’ve completed the discovery phase of a major SEO copywriting project for Luminate Education Group, where we’ve got into the masterminds of all the senior leaders so we can write meaningful content for their new website. Our skill as copywriters is to go into an organisation, often that we are totally new to, and help it make sense to others with words. We’re now in serious-head-down-writing phase, and loving the challenge.
- We updated Calderdale College’s annual Course Guide, writing about everything from the launch of new T Levels, to the draw of the College’s Sport Academies. And we launched their new Engineering Centre in Brighouse with Mayor of West Yorkshire, Tracy Brabin. Positive press coverage ensued across all target regional and trade titles.
- We launched the latest House Price Index for estate agent Manning Stainton, revealing that house prices across the Leeds region are up by 9.2% on previous quarter and that the average house price now stands at £260,339. We also announced Manning Stainton Luxe, a new premium offering for people selling luxury homes worth between £550,000 – £850,000.
And some personal wins, Nina celebrated a big birthday (still stringing it out) with all her favourite people, our sons finished their first year at school, we’ve managed to navigate the summer holidays childcare mash-up so far, we had our first office lunch out in ages at Bab Tooma (highly recommend) and got to sample the delights of new Leeds pizza outfit, Well Oiled, at their first pop-up. We also got pretty obsessed with the Olympics - the drama! The emotion! The knitting!
In August we’re starting on some new projects and booking more work in for Autumn, and actually getting out and about and seeing old and new faces. We’d love to see yours, so get in touch if you fancy a coffee! In the meantime, soak up every last drop of that intermittent summer sunshine.