Launching a school support community fund for Manning Stainton
Estate agency group, Manning Stainton, has been one of our clients since 2018 and regularly tasks us with coming up with PR-worthy community initiatives to help them give back to the communities they operate in.
In 2021, in the midst of the third national lockdown, we came up with the idea of launching a special school support fund, designed to help schools and young pupils affected by school closures. The fund was open to all schools across Leeds, Wakefield and Wetherby, and they were invited to apply for donations from the estate agent to help finance anything they felt would benefit their children.
- Campaign development and delivery
- Media Relations
- Come up with a creative community initiative that taps into the immediate needs of local communities across the region
- Launch the fund via media relations
- Write the copy for a dedicated school support fund web page on Manning Stainton’s site
- Create a series of regular press releases outlining the wonderful ways the fund was used by schools across the region, and issue alongside accompanying photography, in a bid to encourage more schools to apply
- Write and issue a final roundup press release announcing the total amount of money donated through the fund and the different ways it was used to help young people.
- Manning Stainton donated over £7,500 to 42 schools across the region, which was used to fund everything from playground pony visits, class trips to the theatre, sensory Lego sessions and phonics catch up lessons
- In total, the media relations around the campaign generated 14 pieces of quality coverage in regional titles over the seven-month campaign period
- The campaign received high praise from headteachers and teachers across the region, who said it provided a vital funding lifeline at a time when school finances were in dire straits and pupils needed more support than ever after missing out on months of in-classroom teaching.