Christmas PR push for Leeds
In 2014, Leeds Town Hall officially unveiled ‘The Wood Beneath the World’, a large-scale, magical forest installation hidden in the depths of its crypt. This unusual immersive theatre experience was unchartered territory for Leeds’ Christmas offering, and a breath of fresh air for its culture credentials.
Content Soup was tasked with managing all the PR for the ground-breaking arts project, to generate awareness and encourage ticket sales.
– Media relations
– Influencer relations
– Preview evenings
– Managed a series of influencer previews and teaser campaigns on social media, to drive intrigue and interest in the event before it launched
– Secured and managed media interviews with Lord Whitney, the creative studio behind the installation, who told the story of its evolution from crazy idea to it becoming a reality.
– Blanket regional coverage and five-star reviews, including The Yorkshire Post, Yorkshire Evening Post, City Talking, Leeds List, Look North, ITV Calendar, The Skinny and various regional lifestyle and cultural blogs
– Achieved national coverage in The Telegraph, Guardian and Stylist
– The event was a clear highlight in the Magical Leeds Christmas campaign – the run of 100 shows and three pop-up dining events were a complete sell-out, with over 4,000 people experiencing the immersive experience.