First class honours for graduation campaign
Graduation is a huge event in the annual Higher Education calendar; a chance for universities to celebrate and showcase their talented students, bid them a fond farewell while inspiring the next lot of students to work as hard and achieve as much as them.
We worked with Leeds Beckett University (where we both graduated) to deliver a bumper PR and social media campaign around Graduation week in summer 2018.
– Social storytelling
– Run a headline-grabbing media relations programme to uncover the more newsworthy stories around this year’s batch of graduates – we crafted news stories and arranged photocalls for 15 students, that landed coverage across regional and specialist press during Graduation week
– Focused in on honorary graduates including a Paralympic superstar, an Olympic British diving coach and an Oscar and BAFTA winner and wrote high impact, applause-worthy speeches that were read out as they were given their awards on stage at Graduation
– Managed the Uni’s live Snapchat and Instagram Stories during Graduation week, covering three ceremonies per day, for five days. We planned ahead and created storyboards for each day, before setting off as social roving reporters and capturing the magic moments.
– Generated coverage for all our graduate stories in their local media
– Secured national coverage in the Daily Mail and Hello magazine on Philip Schofield’s daughter’s graduation
– The live social campaign content was a huge success, viewed by thousands every day, with other students tweeting about how excited the Stories and Snapchats were making them about their own graduation.