New narratives for our city
Leeds is a city we know inside out. One of us was born and bred here, we’ve all been to university here, we started our business here and we’re proud to live here and call Leeds our stomping ground.
We’ve worked on many PR campaigns to bring more tourism to Leeds; penned the official city visitor guide for the Tour de France 2014; written brochures aimed at bringing more investment to the region; and carefully curated video scripts to show off Leeds city living at its best.
Which is why Leeds Beckett University appointed us to work with them on a special ‘Life in Leeds’ microsite, giving new students a true insight into what it’s like to live in the city and why it’s such an inspiring place to study in.
– Audience research
– Interview students directly about what kind of info they’d want from the new website, so we could craft an insight-led content list and site map. It covered the usual things like Nightlife, Food and Drink and Culture, but we also wanted to make this site a bit different to what had gone before
– We took a more editorial direction with the content, coming up with feature ideas to supplement the standard info and making sure the site looked like a blog format that young people are used to seeing
– From ‘Top 10 most Instagrammable locations in Leeds’ to ‘Where to take your parents when they visit’, the features took on a different tone of voice for the university
– We also tapped up our contacts and got a selection of Leeds influencers, from bar owners to food bloggers to art scene pioneers, to take part in a section of the website where we asked them to share their favourite bits of the city and why they love being here.
– The web project was delivered in record timescales, on budget and delighted our client because of our fresh thinking, journalistic and audience-focused approach
– Life in Leeds is one of the most visited web pages of the Leeds Beckett website and continues to provide engaging social media content two years on.