C’mon Eileen! Going Ape at 86
Along with managing the day-to-day press office for Go Ape, we also delivered more creative campaigns to complement the company’s wider marketing strategy.
In the summer of 2019, we seized upon an opportunity to create a neat PR campaign that would take us out of the ‘what to do this summer holiday’ features and into the national news pages.
– National and regional media relations
– Social media video
– See Eileen Noble, 86, running the London Marathon one Sunday morning and think “she’s Go Ape’s kind of lady”. Call London Marathon’s press office team and ask if we can contact amazing Eileen to invite her to Go Ape
– Arrange for Eileen to visit Go Ape Leeds Castle one summer’s day in June 2019, and invite the media down to record it – pitching Eileen as the oldest woman to ever do a Go Ape treetop high ropes course on the back of her marathon success
– Inspire other adventurers that they too can conquer Go Ape, through Eileen’s courageous story. Get Eileen to share her tips to stay young, to provide more angles for the media
– Zipline straight to PR success!
– 75+ pieces of coverage, in print, online and broadcast
– Lad Bible, BBC, Yahoo and Mail Online amongst others covered the story in July and August
– Video of Eileen flying down zip wires provided engaging content for Go Ape’s social media.