PR strike for Roxy Lanes launch
Roxy Lanes was the first boutique bowling alley to open in Leeds, complete with a cocktail bar and restaurant. It offered customers the chance to bowl in style and then enjoy a night out under one roof.
We were hired to launch the new venue and position Roxy Lanes as Leeds’ best new nightlife hangout.
– Event management, including full guestlist creation
– Blogger & influencer management
– Celebrity management
– Compiled a guestlist of top Leeds media, bloggers, influencers and scenesters and invited them to attend the VIP launch
– Organised and managed the whole launch event
– Secured two huge Leeds indie bands – The Pigeon Detectives and Sunshine Underground – to compete in a celebrity bowl-off at the event, to create excitement and position the venue as the cool new place to hang out
– Hosted a media bowl-off, pitching lifestyle and news journalists against each other on the lanes
– Drafted pre and post-event press releases which gained coverage in all local media
– Identified and worked with top local lifestyle bloggers and influencers to create inspiring content on the new venue on their popular online channels.
– Influential Leeds scenesters turned out in their droves to support the launch event, with over 200 guests attending, including key media and bloggers, top musicians, well-known DJs and two top pro-bowlers
– The celebrity bowl off created huge excitement on the night and both bands gave the new venue loads of love on social media pre and post event, drumming up huge interest for the new venue
– Coverage was achieved in all key regional media, including BBC Radio Leeds, Yorkshire Evening Post, Leeds List, Yorkshire Post, Student Wire, Leeds City Magazine and Capital FM
– Masses of post event reviews on top Leeds lifestyle blogs
– Social media mentions on the night hit more than 5,000
– Following the event, Roxy Lanes received non-stop bookings and six years on, it’s still one of Leeds’ top hangouts.