A slice of PR for Pizza Fella
Pizza Fella is a Leeds-based street food business that started from a vintage Citroen H van called Claude in 2014.
Helen and Miles, the couple behind it, decided to put down roots and open a proper permanent pizzeria in 2016; that place was at 114-116 Vicar Lane, an old sex shop in an increasingly up and coming area of the city centre. They transformed it into a 60-cover pizzeria and threw open the doors just before Christmas.
Content Soup was brought in to manage their launch their restaurant, and make them the hottest spot in town.
– Launch event
– Influencer campaign
– Media relations
– We ran a series of preview evenings for carefully selected influencers, making sure anyone who was anyone attended and told their social communities about it before the official opening. That peaked interest and made sure the pizzeria had queues down the road on opening day
– We delivered personalised pizzas to all the key media offices in Leeds ahead of launch and booked journalists and food critics in to experience the pizzeria themselves
– National media relations to secure feature on the growth from van to permanent pizzeria, and what it’s like to run a business as a couple.
– Tasty coverage in Leeds List, Yorkshire Evening Post, Yorkshire Post, City Talking, Leeds Living and more
– A big feature interview in national newspaper The I, documenting Pizza Fella’s rise from street food van to permanent pizzeria, and a piece in BBC Good Food magazine describing it as an absolute must-try
– We’ve since worked with a national freelance food journalist who’s given Pizza Fella countless mentions in his media round-ups of the top pizza places in the UK / coolest eateries in Leeds / cheapest nights out. More recently, he included Pizza Fella in The Times ‘Cheapest places to eat in the UK’ feature, delivering one of the busiest weeks at the restaurant to date.