Best fashion foot forward
We’re a bit skint this month after buying too many things from Leeds’ latest independent fashion concept store, Lambert’s Yard.
As big supporters of the inde shopping scene, we were excited when we heard about the cool new store opening in Leeds city centre last month, and even more so when we were appointed to manage all their social media and digital content marketing.
Lambert’s Yard is something new for the North of England, more like something you’d see in London – think Dover Street Market or Wolf and Badger, or a higher end version of ASOS Marketplace. The independent store has been designed by a Shoreditch-based interior designer that counts Harrods as a client… but it’s not just a pretty face. Lambert’s Yard champions only the hippest new independent fashion designers and brands, linking up with the Centre for Fashion Enterprise to support the best new talent in the country. An ecommerce site will also launch in the new year, bringing Lambert’s unique mix of womenswear, menswear and homeware brands to the masses.
We’re now editors of Lambert’s Yard’s carefully curated online magazine, The Journal, creating content that matches its customers’ lifestyles, and drivers of the overall digital content marketing strategy for Lambert’s Yard as it moves forward with its ambitious growth plans.
Since taking on the account last month, we’ve achieved a lot already:
- Increased traffic to the LY website by over 1,000%
- Kept people on the site for much longer – bounce rate has halved
- More than doubled social communities of Facebook and Instagram, purely through organic growth
- Daily notifications of likes, favourites, retweets, shares and comments have shot up - average engagement levels have increased ten-fold
- Achieved four times higher engagement on Facebook than local competitors with much larger communities
- Our tweets have been seen by over 28,000 people and on average we receive up to 10 retweets a day, not to mention favourites and mentions
- Generated brand and product enquiries, and five star reviews, through our online activity
- Most importantly, people have gone into store and bought products after seeing them on social media - proving value in terms of driving sales.
Have you been to Lambert’s Yard yet? It’s on Lower Briggate, above Rare bar and next to Westrow. Check it out and find us on social: